Tuesday, January 8, 2013

And, we're off

Alright, so despite the fact that I have been going to the gym less than consistently, I have however; kept myself in decent shape. If that can even be dubbed as proper terminology.

Anyhow, like I have listed under my goals, to shape and sculpt my entire body, I did a good 'ol leg workout yesterday. And no, I cannot walk without looking like a waddling penguin. 

Though compared to many workouts that I have done, this is one of the easier workouts. Like I said, I haven't been the most consistent in the gym, so I am working my way back up to the higher intensity--in all realms of fitness. I believe that it is important to listen and know your body so that you can strengthen, progress, and make gains in a timeline that is right for your body.

Now, I am not saying that you don't push yourself, because pushing yourself is what you should be doing everyday--including all aspects of life; physically, mentally, academically, emotionally, spiritually, etc. I'm not sure that I know one single person who is content with being stuck in a plateau his or her entire life. I'm not saying we have to exhaust ourselves, but what I am saying is that if we are not growing, gaining, or at least striving to better ourselves, we are declining in those areas.

Again, just like working out. Because I wasn't striving, or pushing myself to make gains, here I am, having to push myself even harder than I had to when I was in optimal physical condition. But, I will get there and I am determined to succeed.

Alright, so the workout that I did yesterday that is causing me to take on the penguin waddle is this little gem.

Work Out 
1.7.13

1 Mile Run (treadmill) @ 6.5 pace

Squats:    3 Sets of 8-12 reps @ 80% weight max

Dead Lift: 4 Sets; 7 Reps, 8 Reps, 9 Reps, 10 Reps

Adductor (inner thigh) Press: 6 Reps of pulsing for 30 Seconds until knees touch.

Abductor (outer thigh)  Press: 6 Reps of pulsing for 30 Seconds until you reach full extension.  

20 V-Up Sit Ups
5 Push Ups
20 Sit Ups
5 Push ups
20 Bus Drivers
5 Push Ups
20 Leg Raisers
5 Push Ups
20 Flutter Kicks
5 Push Ups

35 Sec. Wall Handstand

Stretch--DO NOT FORGET TO STRETCH! <<<That's more of a reminder to myself, as I do not always stretch as I should.

No comments:

Post a Comment