Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Change it up

Switching up your workout-routine can make all the difference when trying reach a set fitness goal; therefore, I asked my husband to make me a workout.

I was thinking, "Ah, this will be nice and it will give me a chance to try a few things differently."

However, I forgot to refer to the fact that my husband was making my workouts. It was a great workout, don't get me wrong, but it definitely pushed me beyond my normal workout capacity and for that I am grateful. 

In fact, it pushed me to the "if I walk tomorrow it will be a miracle" point of exhaustion. Needless to say, I'm walking, but I may just look a little bit more like a wounded animal than a functioning human-being. 

Oh yeah, and I have to wear heals to an event today. Should be challenging. 

I'm sure that he won't mind, but here are the workouts.

Workout

5 minute HITT on treadmill (Or on track)

3 rounds
20 squat jumps
20 split leg lunge jumps
>>No rest between

3 sets
Split leg squats   10-15 reps/leg while holding 15-25lbs dumbells
20 air squats between/after each set

400 meter row
12 Alternating push-ups
400 meter row
12 Release push-ups
400 meter row
12 alternating push-ups

50 lunges while holding a weighted plate out in front of you while doing a trunk twist.

1 minute plank hold

20 sec. plank hold on elbows, move up to 20 sec. 3 times without stopping/getting up.

100 Abs
20 V-ups
20 Reverse crunches
20 Flutter kicks
20 Leg raises
Hold feet and legs off of the ground for 20 seconds after.

STRETCH

Yeah... I was sore for 2 days and had to do a "recovery run" for one of the days. Keeping that lactic acid flowing, you know.


No comments:

Post a Comment