Sunday, August 4, 2013

Work outs and progress

Sometimes, you just have to come up with your own workouts to keep it fresh, you know.



Workout:
10 Burpee Box Jumps
10 Kipping Pull-Ups
25 Butterfly Sit-Ups
15 Kettle Bell Swings
>>20 minutes AMRAP (as many rounds as possible)


I saw this meme and it made me chuckle, so I had to post it.

Lately, I have been diligently working on my different Olympic Lifting techniques - inspired by a particular injury of mine. I have been taking my form more seriously these days.

I'm basically trying to start from scratch

Last week, I relearned the art of the power-clean form. 

Before focusing on relearning the Power-Clean, it had been months since I had even attempted a Power-Clean. Luckily, my husband and I have a few friends who were able to work with me. One of our friends, fortunately, has an entire CrossFit set-up in his garage.

So awesome.

It's a great kind of atmosphere to learn, make mistakes, and get the personal attention that I know that I needed in order for me to perfect my lifting form. 

Now, the Power-Clean may seem like a less than complicated lift, but in my book, there's much more to it than I remembered. 


After two good, long sessions of working on my form, I was able to Power-Clean 115 lbs. That may sound like a 'weak-sauce' weight, but for someone who hasn't been 'cleaning' for more than 6 months, cleaning more than 90% of my own body weight is something that I consider to be an improvement. 

Thankfully, I have some patient and encouraging friends to work with me. 

Next week, I will see what weight I can put up, and also how well this form can improve. 

Workout (from yesterday):
3 Dead-hang pull-ups (no kipping allowed)
10 Kettle-bell swing
10 kettle bell snatch (each arm)
16 Kettle-bell lunges
100 Jump Rope
>>>5 Rounds(cannot exceed 25 minutes)
Workout courtesy of my loving husband...

Then, Power-Clean form until I reached 115 lbs.






Tomorrow, is a different story. 
Bring it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment