Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Recipes Of The Week

After "Boot-Camp" this week, my lady Ashley made these Almond Flour Waffles and they were A-MAZ-ING!

Topped with the choice of bananas, hand-picked picked blueberries, unsweetened coconut, maple flavored agave, and plain or maple almond butter.




Ashley's home, the common place to eat after a workout, also had an amazing Gluten Free Paleo Honey Cornbread that - especially for all of you gluten-free people - is ridiculously delicious! 

I have been gluten-free for over a year now, and it had been so long since I have had bread of this texture and taste. It was phenomenal.

I will be posting this week's "Boot-Camp" work outs tomorrow, as we will be executing tomorrow's "WOD" early in the morning, so that we will all get the chance to complete our nightly activities of church, homework, etc. Life gets busy, but you make time for what's important to you.

By the way, there has got to be a better name/title (to call whatever we're doing) than "Boot-Camp." It's just so overused, a little cliche, and in my opinion a bit cheesy. 

Oh well, it'll do for now. 

3 comments:

  1. The gluten free honey cornbread looks really good. This is the first time I have come to your blog. Do you usually bake with almond flour?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teri, I do use almond flour for a lot of my baking. I like to make that 'cornbread' whenever I make chili. The blogs that I follow - listed on the right side of my blog - have some pretty awesome recipes. You could also follow http://theprimalfoodblog.wordpress.com/category/dessert-recipe/ for some good options. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Mandy, Thanks for replying. I will give it a try with the almond flour then. I have not baked with it much.

      Delete