Saturday, January 25, 2014

Yummy in my tummy


 My version of the recipe:

1 1/2 C Almond flour
1/4 C Water
3 Eggs
2 Tbs Agave in the Raw
2 Tbs Almond-butter (I used unsalted)
1/4 tsp salt
3-5 Tbs Almond/Coconut milk

Coconut oil spray

I whisked everything together with a fork, added almond/coconut milk as needed (to create the right texture) for 'regular pancakes'. 

Side note: these cakes can get a bit crumbly, but depending on how you like your batter (thick or not) you can create your own texture.

I topped these yummy cakes with a tablespoon of almond butter, a handful of pecans, a few sliced strawberries, and 100% (all organic) Maple syrup. All in all, a very filling and satisfying breakfast. 


I can't take credit for the pure awesomeness of these brownies, as I got the base of this deliciousness via the Primal Food Blog; however, I did create my own version of these delicious brownies.

(My friends and husband ate all (yes, all) of the brownies before I could get a picture)

 My version:

3/4 C Almond Flour
1/4 tsp salt
2 Tbs unsweetened dark cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 C brown sugar (or organic coconut or cane sugar)
1 Tbs honey
3 Large eggs (beaten)
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 C coconut oil (or butter)
3/4 C dark chocolate chips
2 Tbs dark chocolate chips for the top

First, preheat the oven at 350.

Luckily, my husband gave me a KitchenAide mixer for my birthday, so baking has become a breeze, but if you don't have a KitchenAide, you can totally mix by hand. Paleo style (for all of my fellow CrossFitters). You got it!

Mix all of your dry ingredients together and let it 'hang out' while you take care of the liquids. 

In a medium sized bowl, melt your dark chocolate chips and coconut oil (you may also melt them separately and mix together after they're melted). Then, mix in the vanilla and eggs. 

Next, add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Mix well. Then, put the batter in an 8x8 (non-greased) baking pan. Top with the 2 Tbs (or more if you'd like) of chocolate chips. 

Bake for 20-25 minutes. Use the 'toothpick' or 'knife' test when testing to see if the brownies are finished.

Let the brownies cool and set aside for about 5 minutes. Then, enjoy!

Side note: I made these for a few friends who are and are not gluten free, and not one person could tell that they were gluten-free! I'd call that a win.

Thanks, Primal Food Blogger!

Turkey Meat Balls



Kale, spinach, garlic and onions blended in my Ninja.

Ground turkey that had been marinating in salt, pepper, Worcestershire Sauce, and garlic powder; also, featuring Feta cheese.

Drain the kale/spinach mixture as much as possible, then add the feta and kale/spinach mixture to ground turkey. Then, add the egg and coconut (or your choice of) flour. Mix together with your clean hands.

My little helpers, Eddie and Rogue.

Roll the meat into balls - you may choose your desired size, but know that the baking time may vary.

Ingredients:

1 lb. of ground turkey
Worcestershire Sauce
Garlic powder
Salt and Pepper

Blend (or chop):
Hand-full of Spinach
Hand-full of Kale
1-2 Garlic cloves
1/2 of an onion
*drain as much as possible*

1 C (or less) Feta
1 Egg
1/4 C (or less) of Coconut Flour (or your choice)

Preheat the oven at 350; line cookie sheet with tinfoil or parchment paper (for easier clean-up).

Mix together with your hands (yes, with your hands) roll into balls, and place on the lined cookie sheet. Bake for 15-30 minutes.

I baked mine a little too long, so they were a little dry - as I was waiting for the husband to get home for dinner - but it should only take about 15-20 minutes for them to cook; however, I would double-check them after 15 minutes to see where they're at on the cooking scale. 

If you try this recipe, I would love to hear about any changes that you made, or how you liked or didn't like the recipe.

Also, I made a 'gluten-free' beer-bread (obviously the beer isn't gluten free) for my hubby (since he's a fan of beer bread), but sadly it looks better than it tasted. 


1 comment:

  1. For some reason your blog doesn't show up in my feed when you post new posts. I don't normally have trouble with this, do you have your settings preventing following?

    ReplyDelete