Saturday, February 23, 2013

Back to CrossFit


I apologize for not getting on here enough lately, my schedule has been absolutely crazy! I have been running around like a mad woman trying to fit everything into my schedule--including working out. 

I know that working out is difficult when a person has such a busy schedule, but it's doable. This week I was back and forth from school, my internship, different events at school, an advertising and marketing event, and then a bridal shower. Needless to say, I have yet to do my homework, but writing on my blog sounded much more appealing to me--obviously.

Since I was not at home much this week, as I feel much like a Gypsy nowadays, hopping from one family member or friend's house to another to make my commute as easy as possible, finding a place and time to work out has been extremely difficult; especially because I live in the northern tundra of Minnesota, so it's not like an outside workout sounds like an option in negative 5 or so degrees weather. 

Anyhow, I did try out St. Paul CrossFit, which was awesome to get back into a CrossFit gym; however, I don't have the money, or time, to use the CrossFit gym enough in the Twin Cities to begin a membership. My Gypsy lifestyle is too flaky for one CrossFit gym--at least for right now.

I am a huge advocate for CrossFit; I think that it's awesome, but I don't think that it's anything that you can't do on your own, when essentially, all of your workouts are "your own."

Here's the workout that we did on Thursday at St. Paul CrossFit: CrossFit Minnesota;

Warm-Up

500 Meter Row
Dynamic stretching
Deadlift; Reps: 10, 7, 3, 3, 5; then work your way/weight up to a 2 rep. max. 

Workout

2 deadlifts
4 box jumps
6 arm band pull-ups

Do as many rounds as you can within 6 minutes.

It was a pretty decent workout, but I thought that it should have had more box jumps and arm-band pull-ups reps required. 

The point of CrossFit, in my opinion, is to kick your own butt. I think that you should always come back from the gym saying to yourself, "I killed it today, and I'm going to feel it tomorrow."

So, if you need some encouragement--get out there and kick your own butt, because no one is going to kick it better than yourself.


I also saw this today and thought that this would be a good "at home workout" for those busy days.



You could even up the reps in each set.

No comments:

Post a Comment