Monday, March 18, 2013

Latest measurements

In my first post I had listed the measurements I started with, which were:

Measurements:

Biceps:     10 3/4"
Forearm:    9"
Waste:      27 1/2"
Hips:       33 1/2"
Glutes:     38 1/2"
Thighs:     22 1/2"
Calf:       13 3/4"

My current measurements since I began this whole fiasco:

Measurements:

Biceps:     10 1/4"
Forearm:    9"
Waste:      26"
Hips:       32"
Glutes:     35 1/2"
Thighs:     21"
Calf:       13 1/4"

Though the numbers may not seem like a huge jump to anyone, the fact that my body has become more toned than before I started this (as I like to call it) lifestyle change, I have seen slow but sure results.

The message that I would like to send is when you're looking to change, reshape and meet your own fitness goals, it takes TIME. In my opinion, losing weight and creating a lifestyle out of maintaining overall wellness is where the real, more permanent (I use that word lightly) results come from.

Too many times people get discouraged - I was there - when going to the gym day-after-day while eating a balanced diet, but not noticing any real changes. Then, we become frustrated, discouraged and in the mindset of, "It's not going to make a difference anyway," and the attitude of "I give up" all too quickly.

Healthy weight-loss and fitness goals take time, consistency, discipline, perseverance and determination. Developing the mental toughness to meet goals, even when you "don't feel like it" is an attitude and powerful characteristic that can be used in multiple ways throughout your life; however, much like any other maintainable characteristic within one's self, it requires exercise, and what better way to "exercise" this trait than by actually "exercising." 

Ok, I'm finished with my sappy, cheeseball preaching about fitness, but what can I say? My husband told me to find a hobby, and well... I found it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment