Thursday, March 7, 2013

Pure opinion

I feel like the "how far is too far" question isn't asked enough, but I don't think that it is always articulated to it's fullest extent in the realm of fitness. 

Today I tweeted, on my Twitter account:


Notice how much Sprint's service stinks; anyways, a friend of mine responded to this tweet by saying "you can eat whatever you want, you're only 22 years old--if you want a cookie, donut, or cake eat it!"

Also, my sister said to me today, after talking to her about my fitness goals, and she responded with, "You take things to the extreme."

So, after my tweeting this morning and my conversation with my sister this evening, I began to think to myself,"Am I too extreme? Have I reached the point to an unhealthy obsessed mindset?"

I concluded, no; I am not too extreme, nor am I unhealthily obsessed with my fitness goals or wanting to eat clean and healthy. When I said, "but then I realize how long it takes me to work it off..." what I was really trying to say is, it's not helping me meet my fitness goals, nor is it going to benefit me physically. You may ask, are you never going to eat a cookie, cake, or donut? My answer: Did you read my last post? Yes, I'm going to eat them, but when I do eat them, it will be rare. Yes, rare; however, whenever I visit my in-laws... Watch out clean diet, cookies coming through! How could you not, they're delectable! 

As for my sister, I don't think that I'm "extreme," but more so determined. I have set goals, and I will do what it takes--in a healthy way--to meet those goals. The goals that I have given myself are goals that challenge my fitness on a performance level, and I believe that when you meet fitness performance goals, the visual benefits of being physically fit will follow. 

It's not as if I am aiming to look like this:


Obviously that's a little extreme, but some ladies actually find themselves wanting to look this way. If you must know, I would much rather aim for something much healthier.

More like:


I can guarantee that this girl (Andrea Ager, CrossFit coach) has to perform fitness, not just wear it--if you know what I mean.

I have challenged myself to meet my goals physically, but I have essentially challenged myself mentally. I believe in setting goals, and I believe in reaching those goals to the best of my ability, and if that means no cookies, then no cookies it is. 

But like I said, it's not like I'm NEVER going to eat another cookie in my life--that would be ludicrous. Especially my mother-in-law's cookies.

Also, I found this blog, and I thought maybe some of you like to it check out; it proved very interesting to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment