Sunday, March 3, 2013

March challenge

 


Tomorrow I cut "carbs" completely out of my diet until the end of March, and I am going to drink one gallon of water per day. Now, my reasoning for this is one, my husband has been gone for his job since January and I get to see him in April and I want to get the best results as possible--if you catch my drift. Secondly, I was talking to a friend of mine, who is very much into the nutritional side of wellness, and she informed me that our bodies don't necessarily need grain-type carbs simply because our bodies can turn other foods such as spinach, broccoli, and other nutritional foods into carbs.

So, with that said, I am taking on the challenge and also eliminating sugar from my diet as well; however, I'll still need a little dark chocolate every now and then... Antioxidants, right?

Anyhow, throughout this month I am going to test myself and see how well, within a little under 4 weeks, how this whole challenge works for me. After I am finished, I will let you know how my progress went, and if it actually "did anything."

I don't, by any means, believe that healthy grains are bad for you; however, I encourage them.It doesn't help that I am slightly allergic to gluten and that I am completely gluten-free, but the fact that I am cutting even those grains out of my diet is going to be difficult, but something that I am willing to do stemming from my pure curiousness.

So, it shall begin tomorrow morning--we're having eggs and no toast... I shall need prayer!


 Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment